Most popular medical courses in India
Medical Courses available in India
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, or in Latin Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae (abbreviated in various ways, viz. “BMBS”, MB BChir, BM BCh, MB BCh, MB ChB, MBBS, M.B.B.S. etc.) are the two first professional medical degrees awarded upon graduation from medical school in medicine and surgery by universities in various countries . The naming suggests that they are two separate degrees; however, in practice, they are considered as one and awarded simultaneously. These medical courses are fairly popular in India.
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree course. This medical course includes 4 ½ years of classroom study which is divided into three parts of three semesters each. A wide range of subjects such as surgery, radiology, pathology, dermatology, biochemistry, psychiatry, ophthalmology, obstetrics and gynecology. Anatomy and preventive medicine are studied in the course of classroom study period. The final 1½ years are set aside for medical internship. During this period, the students are involved in clinical work in the departments of the hospital. Medical entrance exams has been conducted for admission for these medical courses.
Medical colleges (Medical Schools) in India award MBBS degree. Licentiate qualifications in medicine and surgery, LMS or LMP, were also formerly awarded after a shorter medical course, originally at a “Medical School” rather than a “Medical College”.
In addition, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bombay formerly awarded a licentiate at L.M.S level, a membership (M.C.P.S) at MB BS level and a fellowship (FCPS) at MD level. The State Medical Faculty of West Bengal (previously of Bengal) similarly gave licentiates and memberships on an external basis.
List of Medical Courses studying in India.
- Medical course: M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery) Course duration: 4 and half years + 1 year compulsory internship.
- Medical course: B.D.S (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Course Duration: 5 years + 1 year compulsory internship.
- Medical course: B.Pharma (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
Course Duration: 4 years
- Medical course: B.Sc Nursing
Course Durations: 3 years
- Medical course: B.P.T (Physiotherapy)
Programme Duration: 3 years
- Medical course: B.O.T (Occupational Therapy)
Course Duration: 3 years
- Medical course: B.H.M.S (Homeopathy Medicine)
Course Study Duration: 3 years
- Medical course: B.U.M.S (Unani Medicine)
Course Duration: 5 years
- Medical course: Optometry
Course Duration: 2 years
- Medical course: Ophthalmic Assistant Medical course
Course DURATION: 2 years
- Medical course: Histopathalogical Lab Technology
Course Duration: 1 year
- Medical course : B.A.M.S (Ayurvedic, Siddha Medicine)
Course Duration: 4 years
- Medical course: D. Pharma (Ayurvedic Medicine or Siddha Medicine)
Course Study Duration: 1 year
- Medical course: Lab Technicians
Programme timing: 1 year
- Medical course: Sanitary Inspector Medical course
Duration of Course: 1 year
- Medical course: General Nursing Training Medical course
Course-Durations: 3 and half years
- Medical course: Orthopedist Medical course
Course Length: 2 years
- Medical course: Dental Mechanic Medical course
Study period : 2 years
- Medical course: Dental Hygienist Medical course
Course DURATION: 2 years
- Medical course: Bachelor of Occupational therapy
Course period: 3 years
- Medical course: Radiological Assistant
Study Duration: 1 year
- Medical course: Radiography (Diagnosis & Therapy)
Programme Duration: 2 years
- Medical course: Nuclear Medicine Technology
Course period: 2 years
Brief detail of most popular medical courses in India
- M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery): MBBS is the medical degree awarded in many countries like UK, India. Bangladesh, MBBS full form – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. These both degrees are awarded simultaneously. MBBS Study Durations: 5.5 yrs.
- B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery): Bachelor of Dental Surgery ( B.D.S ) is a first professional degree Programme in dentistry. BDS Course Duration: 4 years
- B.H.M.S. (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery): The Homeopathic Education in India is presently regulated by the National Institute of Homeopathy. Applicant should have passed HSC Exam from Statutory Board/University in India or equivalence. BHMS Programme Duration: 5.5 year
- B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery): This degree is awarded to those students who have studied Ayurveda system of medicine in India. The Ayurveda Education in India is presently regulated by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM). BAMS Course Duration: 5.5 yrs
- M.D. (Doctor of Medicine): This degree is awarded to Physicians.Doctors possessing M.B.B.S. degree are eligible to for this course. MD Course Duration: 3 yrs
- M.S. (Master of Surgery): This degree is awarded to doctors who are doing masters in Surgery. Doctors possessing M.B.B.S. degree are eligible to for this course. MS Course length : Three yrs
- D.M : This is a doctrate degree awarded by many universities in US and is equivalent to a PhD degree. Doctors possessing M.D. degree are eligible to for this course. DM Course Duration: 2-3 yrs
M.Ch.: The M.Ch degree is the highest degree under the faculty of medicine. Applicant should have M.S. degree to be eligible for M.Ch. Course Duration: 2 yrs
- B.Pharma (Bachelor of Pharmacy): Applicant must pass 12th class or equivalent with minimum average percent of 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology. or D.Pharma (Diploma in Pharmacy).This medical course is mandatory to get a medical shop license in India. Course Duration: 4 years
- B.Sc. Nursing: In order to eligible one must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology with a minimum of 45% average marks. The objective of B.Sc. Nursing programme is to train nurses with necessary skills, This medical course is a path to become nurse in India. BSc Nursing Course Duration: 4 yrs
- B.P.T (Physiotherapy) : Applicant must pass 12th class or equivalent with minimum average percent of 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology. Candidate should clear in English subject also. BPT Course Duration: 4.5 yrs
- Optometry : Optometry is a science that is associated with structure, working and function of human eye. EYECET examination is necessary to pass to go for B. Optometry Degree Course DURATION: 2 years
- B.O.T (Occupational Therapy) : It is a 3 year medical program.In order to eligible one must pass 10+2 with PCB (physics, chemistry and biology). Some institutions may arrange an entrance exam and select candidates on the basis of performance in the medical entrance test.Course DURATION: 3 yrs
- B.U.M.S ( Unani Medicine ) : Candidate for B.U.M.S. medical course must have passed Intermediate (10 + 2) with Physics , Chemistry & Biology. Urdu is mandatory up to 10th class or equivalent .Candidate must have attain minimum 17 yrs of age as on 31st December of the responding year.This medical course is based on Unani medical methods. Course length: 5.5 yrs
- Ophthalmic Assistant Course : An ophthalmic assistant is a guy who works with an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) to provide patient care by performing many different eye-related clinical functions. One should have a high school diploma or equivalent to get admission
Our Offices Locations : We are based In PUNE / NAGPUR / INDORE / NOIDA & BANGALORE.
Note :We are receiving a lot of queries regarding medical & dental admission. If we couldn’t answer your call you are requested to mail your detailed requirement in the above given e-mail id.